For termination of pregnancy, healthcare professionals will provide you abortion pill. Mifepristone is a pill that is used as Abortion Pill and safe to consume. If your pregnancy time period is under 9 weeks then other medicine is also used which is known as Misoprostol. If your pregnancy is of 9 weeks or over it, then you have to visit to the doctor and consult him/her regarding your abortion.
Effects of Mifepristone on women:
- Women after usage of this medicine may have bleeding, pains like in periods but they can live as normally they used to at their home or work.
- If you find miscarriage between your procedures is going on using this medicine then you need to inform to the doctor and go for ultrasound to make sure about your abortion.
- If after taking the pill you vomit then you need to inform it and consult with your doctor
- At time of abortion you must take your nears or dears with you in order to support and help you
- Don’t use mifepristone if you are breastfeeding
Effects of Misoprostol:
- After 2 hrs of using the Misoprostol, it will cause heavy bleeding, cramps, etc.
- In some case the effect start after 2 hrs and in other before it
- With Misoprostol some antibiotics are also given to you that you should take as per the instruction
- In case of pain medicine you should ask your doctor and follow the procedure recommended by him/her
- You will see sac in less than 8 weeks of abortion
- During abortion time you will find large blood clots or tissue
- In most cases misoprostol terminate the pregnancy within 4 or 5 hrs of using it. but in some cases the termination will done in lesser or longer time
Side effects of medical abortion:
Medical abortion is just like miscarriage for most women. In case of medical abortion some side effects are normal like:
Risks and complications in case of medical abortion:
The side effects that are easy to treat and rarely have long term health effects are:
- Side effects like vomiting, nausea, dizziness, etc
Take immediate action and visit to doctor or hospital in case of serious long term health effects which are:
- Non-termination of pregnancy
- Psychological problems
- Hemorrhage, etc.